Saturday 11 July 2015

{Crochet Suck Pads}

Very recently, I became a happy owner of Beco Gemini baby carrier. My baby loves it, but they don't come cheap! So to protect the straps from drool, spit-up and chewing, I highly recommend getting/making some suck pads. These are usually sewn from cotton fabric. Although I can sew a little bit (and these ARE pretty easy to do), I'm not good enough to figure out velcro, clips, etc. I crochet, that's what I like!

These suck pads are SUPER easy to do - all you need to know are a few simple crochet stitches and how to crochet in a round. The suck pads will be slip-on.



Here's how to crochet these:

Yarn used: Bernat Handicrafter 100% Cotton (42.5 g/ 62 m) in Creamsicle Ombre

Bernat Handicrafter in Mod Ombre (front),
Peace Ombre (middle), and Fruit Punch Ombre (back)
Hook used: Size 4.5 mm

Pattern:

Begin by chaining 30 and sl st into first stitch to make a ring.

R1: Sc into each st around.

R2: Sc into the back loop of each st around.

R3-4: Repeat R1.

R5: Repeat R2.

R6-7: Repeat R1.

R8: Repeat R2.

R9-13: Repeat R1.

R14: Repeat R2.

R15-16: Repeat R1.

R17: Repeat R2.

R18-19: Repeat R1.

R20: Repeat R2.

Finish off with a few sl st. Fasten off and weave the ends.

Final dimensions: 9 cm wide by 12 cm tall.

Alternatively, you can simply sc into each st for 20 rounds, or more if you'd like taller pads (note that I only needed one ball of yarn for a pair of pads, with very little left over).

See, I told you, it's easy!

Cheers,
Nadia

No comments:

Post a Comment