Friday 12 June 2015

{Thick Baby Blanket}

Here it is, my first finished project to share with all of you - a blanket for my baby boy!

I'm not going to lie, this one took a really REALLY long time; granted, I only did a little bit at a time, but it's a time-consuming pattern nonetheless.

(click on images to enlarge)

I adapted the pattern from a beautiful crocheted hat I found HERE (it's in Russian, but you'll find the actual pattern diagram there as well).





Yarn:
Loops & Threads Charisma Baby
Colour #82 Toy Train
100% acrylic

Hook: 6.5 mm

Size of the finished blanket: 105 cm x 75 cm

Because it was a round pattern that was explained, I had to figure out how much to chain in the beginning… let's just say that I made a few miscalculations and had to switch between crocheting in front and behind (the original pattern calls for crocheting behind only). What I achieved was double thickness (not sure whether it makes sense from the photo, but here it is anyway):


Also, because it took so long, I forget now how many stitches I chained, or how exactly I finished off ends of each row. From now on, I'm going to write these things down to be able to share and explain patterns here.

Finally, I sort of free-handed the edge of the blanket to make it look cleaner. In the end, it turned out to be thick and rather on the heavy side, which would work great for floor play or as a stroller cover on those cooler days.

Here are a few more photos of the blanket:


If you do decide to make something like this, I would love to see it!

Cheers,
Nadia

No comments:

Post a Comment